Rewinddance.Blogspot.Com

Rewind- Melbourne's most recognised Hip hop crew, steps on center stage to take on 30 nations worldwide in the prestigious World Hip hop International dance competition...Join us on the journey...

REWIND is on MYSPACE!
www.MYSPACE.com/RewindDanceProductions

Thursday 24 May 2007

"Rewind vs the world" blog begins...

“Rewind vs the world” blog begins……and what a sweet beginning it is. I’m excited because 1) I love reading blogs and this is MY first proper blog, and 2) because this is will be of interest to any dancer who’s part of a crew and wants to be the best crew in the world!…

In the world? You don’t know what I’m on about? Ahm, ahhh…well I better start from the beginning.

ME? I’m Wez- I dance in a dance crew called REWIND from Melbourne, Australia. It’s a nice little corner of the world. Rewind is a collective of 8 individual and talented dancers specializing in various styles of Hip Hop dance. I wouldn’t say Hip hop is THE most popular dance style here- not compared to Jazz, Ballet or other trained styles. To describe it, Hip hop dancing is “street”, “urban”, “raw”… and out here it is very much a sub culture that is slowly growing. There were almost no crews doing what we do when we started dancing together 7 years ago…

Today, I’m happy to say there are many crews (you guys call em ‘teams’ in the US)- each with different goals- dancing for fun…friendship…fitness…money..fame……or just to be the best damn crew there is.

We try to aim for all of the above ;P. For some shows however, we don’t care so much about the money, or the fame, or the fitness- It’s just about being the best- the rest is just a bonus…

I guess this is why I’m starting this blog.


Video: Phillipine All Stars: The Best in the World?



What does it take to be the best crew in the world? And is winning really everything?


..or are you just saying “What the hell are you talking about”…Well…Ill let you in on a secret later this month…

Search

Google