Rewinddance.Blogspot.Com

Rewind- Melbourne's most recognised Hip hop crew, steps on center stage to take on 30 nations worldwide in the prestigious World Hip hop International dance competition...Join us on the journey...

REWIND is on MYSPACE!
www.MYSPACE.com/RewindDanceProductions

Wednesday 6 June 2007

Rewind HHI Crew- Interview with Lizbeth


Picture Description: The Blitz Dancer



I consider all individuals in Rewind as 'stand out' dancers. But if anyone stands out from the 'stand outs', its this gal. Her signature style and dancing strength has made her one of Australia's most talented female dancers- and a valued member of the Rewind family. Lizbeth is actually how you spell her name but we just call her Lizzie - and she can give the energizer bunny a run for his money on the dance stage...


Whats your Name?: Lizbeth Calingasan aka Blitz...aka S.O.U.L

How long have you been dancing?:
I've been dancing for 13 years going on 14 years now and won't stop until I need a hip replacement...even then I don't think I'll ever stop moving my feet. You can't stop SOUL.

Which crews have you performed with?:
I've performed with Wickid Force, Detour and currently perform with The Hip Hop Movement Crew as well as dancing with being one of the founding members of Rewind Dance Productions . All of these crews have dancers that are close to my heart and are responsible for shaping me into the dancer I am today :). Shout out to Nikki Ashby aka Essentz (The Movement Hip Hop Crew) ,Demilition Bgirl (The Movement Hip Hop Crew), Lenny aka Enigma, Carlo aka Bboy Jester, Archie (Wickid Force), George (Wickid Force, and Yasushi (Wickid Force, The Movement Hip Hop Crew, Fireworks). Of course a big thankyou to all my Rewind people - you guys move me.

What has been your most memorable experience with Hip hop dance and why?:
My most memorable experience with Hip Hop dance would be the day that I found it and how it saved me. The rest of the experiences I've had will always be a roller coaster ride but I will never forget where I came from and the reason I started Hip Hop - to express myself with artistic freedom.

My trip to LA in late 2006 for 3 months alone would have had to have been my greatest Hip Hop learning experience as I learnt styles not commonly found here in Australia and made friends from around the globe. As I went through this experience I couldn't help but wish my crew Rewind was there with me :D.

What are you looking forward to most about going to LA and competing at HHI?:
I'm looking forward mostly to spending time with my REWIND peeps and of course those others helping us reprazent under the REWIND banner - Anna (Detour), Acey (Detour), and Monica (Beatphonik). I love each and every one of these people and I can't wait to make our mark as Australian Dancers with them in LA. We've all done competitions and now it's time to see where we stand against the world. Of course it's all in love :D.

Do you have any tips for other hip hop dance crews or dancers?:
Hmmmm...my quote for other dancers would be: 'Live life like there's no tomorrow, Work like you don't need the money, and Dance like no-one is watching you'. Dance because you love it and not for any other selfish reasons. 'Look for fame you'll lose your soul...Seek creativity and you will find it'. OH AND GOODLUCK TO ALL COMPETING...ONE LOVE...ONE WORLD...ONE PEACE.

END OF INTERVIEW
LATERS PEACE


Rewind Dance Productions
The Movement Hip Hop Crew

Search

Google