Rewinddance.Blogspot.Com

Rewind- Melbourne's most recognised Hip hop crew, steps on center stage to take on 30 nations worldwide in the prestigious World Hip hop International dance competition...Join us on the journey...

REWIND is on MYSPACE!
www.MYSPACE.com/RewindDanceProductions

Wednesday 13 June 2007

Rewind HHI Crew- Interview with Susie



Picture Description: Susie


The multi-talented Susana joined the Rewind crew in 2004 bringing a valuable performance history and a deep passion for the Hip-hop dance style. She is one of the most adaptable dancers I know, able to perform any type of chorey thrown at her (although she wont admit it) and a perfectionist by nature, she is always the first to nail a routine (damn her). So just a note: don’t stand next to her in a dance class or she’ll make you look bad…


So, whats your full Name?: Susana Le (aka susie)

How long have you been dancing?:
Since 2001, started by taking classes at Melbourne Uni, The Space and then
Unitd Styles when it first opened. Never looked back since. Thought about
taking it easy this year with gigs - but when the opportunity to dance
internationally with the most passionate dancers I know came up - I thought
to myself “let’s delay my retirement for another year...”

Which crews have you performed with?:
INQ (melb uni group with fellow rewinder STEVE), Dragons, REWIND, our close
friends Detour, Wickid Force and Beatphonik. Also performed with ‘the
Americans’ for Van Son 2004-2005 and Dance2xs for the You Got Served
promotional tour.

What has been your most memorable experience with Hip hop dance and why?:
Tough question Wes. I can't describe one MOST memorable experience.
Everytime i dance, whether it be in a class, at rehearsal or on stage, I’m
just so thankful to be given the ability to move and express myself in this
art form. To me, nailing new chory with friends is the best feeling.
Performing in front of a hyped audience is also amazing. Being a part of the
winning team at Shakedown 2006 has been the best achievement to date.

What are you looking forward to most about going to LA and competing at
HHI?:

I’m looking forward to a well earnt holiday!! I’m really excited about
travelling with my fellow Rewinders and hitting the rides at Disneyland and
Magic Mountain!!

In terms of the HHI competition, it will be eye opening to see what other
crews around the world have to give.

Do you have any tips for other hip hop dance crews or dancers?:
I’d say, if you love dancing – just do it. Make time for it. Train harder.
Get influenced by as many styles as possible. Listen to a wide variety of
music and beats. Practise. Be open-minded to criticism, be humble to
encouragement. Take a break – I often feel the urge to dance the most when I
haven’t for a while. It’s like renewing your passion. Absence of dancing
makes my heart grow fonder.


Search

Google